Shower P-Trap Orientation. Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

franksr27

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am about to install my P-trap and shower drain for a tile shower floor on concrete slab. I was hoping that someone could confirm it is Fine to install my P-Trap in this Orientation (sort of double backed) see pics. I have seen other threads on this but they all look different, so sorry if this is a redundant topic.. Just want to be sure because once its in. it will be covered for many years. in order for drain to be centered I think Ptrap needs to go in this way. not enough room to add an 1/8 bend etc. unless i jack hammer out more pipe.

I was going to glue trap together and then back fill with dirt/and add a couple inches concrete on top (is this best way?)

p-trap 1.jpg
p-trap 2.jpg

Once p-trap is in the shower drain should sit on concrete like this? then slope built up? thank you for any advice !!

gplumberman

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am about to install my P-trap and shower drain for a tile shower floor on concrete slab. I was hoping that someone could confirm it is Fine to install my P-Trap in this Orientation (sort of double backed) see pics. I have seen other threads on this but they all look different, so sorry if this is a redundant topic.. Just want to be sure because once its in. it will be covered for many years. in order for drain to be centered I think Ptrap needs to go in this way. not enough room to add an 1/8 bend etc. unless i jack hammer out more pipe.

I was going to glue trap together and then back fill with dirt/and add a couple inches concrete on top (is this best way?)

View attachment 47867 View attachment 47868 .

Once p-trap is in the shower drain should sit on concrete like this? then slope built up? thank you for any advice !!
Look great!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Before you glue things up, and after while backfilling, make sure that the riser remains plumb or your shower drain will be cocked. You may need to brace it if it's slightly off. If it's off a long ways, you'd need to think about maybe adding a fitting or two to straighten it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks