Seek Submersible Pumps able to remove lowest pool water level

Users who are viewing this thread

young707

Reaction score
Shopping for submersible pump that can remove most water from pool.
Pool has flat level bottom.
Any pump with lowest intake to remove as much water from bottom?
Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
That is a sump pump, and not a utility pump.

A sump pump will pump higher volume, and the utility pump will pump down lower. Maybe 1/4 inch. Maybe less.

young707

Reaction score
Lanchez 1.6 HP Submersible Sump Pump 4858GPH
Received. Pump works OK. Test pumping very quick. 5 gallon water removed in seconds.
But only able to pump water level down to around 2 inches. No lower.
Water level sensor switch is very cumbersome. Has to tie it up in rope. No snap switch to turn it off. Very poor design.
Not recommend.

young707

Reaction score
Sorry, not interested in tiny 1/4 HP pump that takes forever, like in days, to remove much water from pool. That tiny cheap pump is only good for fish tank, not large pools.

Chucky_ott

Reaction score
I'd use a two pump systems well.

The pump you already have with a float switch (the float switch could probably be made to work to a depth of 4"-6").

And then the utility pump for the remainder. I own that pump and the flow rate is about 1000 gph, depending on head. Note that the utility pump will not shut off automatically when there's no water and the float switch won't be useful so you'll need to monitor it manually.

young707

Reaction score
I'd use a two pump systems well.

The pump you already have with a float switch (the float switch could probably be made to work to a depth of 4"-6").

And then the utility pump for the remainder. I own that pump and the flow rate is about 1000 gph, depending on head. Note that the utility pump will not shut off automatically when there's no water and the float switch won't be useful so you'll need to monitor it manually.
Please let us know if your utility pump has standard garden hose male threat GHT adapter? Where can we purchase this utlity pump? Thank you.

Chucky_ott

Reaction score
I provided the Amazon link and the specs above. Yes, it does have a garden hose adapter for the discharge. I would think that a garden hose will reduce the flow rate.

There are other models with different specs and price points available to you as well. The specs should give you both the discharge rate, the accessories, and how low it can pump to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks