See you later, not goodbye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is with great sadness we update all that on Friday 1/20/2023 Terry Love passed away peacefully with his family by his side. Cancer no longer controls his body and he is free of sickness and pain. We imagine him hitting the ski slopes mountain high and of course looking over this forum as it was his legacy. We know we will see his bright smile again one day.

His Forum will continue to thrive and be supported. Terry was a passionate man and shared his plumbing passion with his son Jamie. These two plumbed for decades together and Jamie has often been in the background on the forum answering questions and helping his Pop. Over the past several months a crash course was given to Andrea Love, Terrys daughter in law and she will play office manager of sorts here.
We definitely still are using our training wheels, we hope to be operating and interacting with you more and more as time goes on and we process this loss.

Thank you all for using and loving this forum. We cant wait for the future. Growing the education platform that it is!

The pictures below are meaningful. This was the last Plumbing job Terry did, and with his son Jamie. Under a strict timeframe they were able to convert a bathroom to be ADA, replumbing, making friends with the spiders in the crawl spaces, and adding a shower and much more so a loved one could return home. And alas Terrys love for the outdoors, and sharing this will all of his friends and family.

Thank you everyone for support! Please reach out anytime!

Love,
From the love Family

Wow! I've been out of touch. Terrible to learn that terry is no longer with us. He was a hell of a great guy. He MADE A DIFFERENCE. The world is poorer without him in it.

Laostrich

Reaction score
My condolences to his family, as a new homeowner who has a 0 knowledge on plumbing, the site has been indispensable resources. Thank you Terry for creating this beautiful site and share your knowledge all these years. Rest In Peace.

Bigealta

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Terry and others have helped me here and i appreciate it every time. Rest in Peace Buddy!

Andrew21

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this. After reading the first paragraph, I got a bit teary eyed. This is where i learned most of my stuff for plumbing. Big hugs to the family.

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
My condolences to your family, may he rest in peace. I am thankful to him for being part of this community and for having a place DIYers (and sometimes pros) could always turn to for advice and guidance and always feel welcomed.

SonOfGloin

Reaction score
Dear lord, this is heart breaking.

It's incredible how many lives he touched with his knowledge. From seasoned regulars here, to occasional lurkers.

Rest in peace, Terry.

TomD

Reaction score
I likewise was out of touch. I am very saddened to learn of Terry's passing. I learned so much visiting Terry's forum here and will always support this place so that his legacy can live on and on. I offer my condoleneces to Terry's family and to anyone else who considered him his friend and to all of you to whom Terry was likewise special.

jbsf

Reaction score
My sincere condolences. I've been reading this forum for years but never had a reason to post anything because I always found the answer in previous posts. Very sorry to hear about Terry but very grateful for the work he did on this forum for DIYers like myself.

NashvillePlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wow , Love family I’m sorry for your loss . Thankyou for supporting Terry allowing him the time and grace which he used to pass on his knowledge . It was of grate value and I’m sure sacrifice . No one shares any substance these days and they all ask for something in return whether a click a bell a like a follow.
RIP. , in admiration John - NashvillePlumber

Midwest Girl

Reaction score
I just read this post - I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Terry’s family and friends. I was recently diagnosed with mast cell leukemia - it’s extremely rare. I’m not sure what my exactly what my treatment will consist of yet - am waiting for some additional tests. I haven’t been a member here for very long - however, Terry helped me with some questions through his posts made on other people‘s threads + a couple of my own. This is an extremely important forum - I hope that it continues in his honor.

Midwest Girl

Reaction score
@Sylvan
Good luck on your treatment

Thanks - I feel a little bit like a prized Guinea pig right now. This is such a rare diagnosis (= orphan disease) that there are several doctors interested in treating me. I just wish that there was a more “standardized“ treatment plan. I was diagnosed with systemic mastocytosis about six years ago - and I knew that there was a chance that it could develop into something else. Unfortunately, out of all the possibilities, this is the most difficult. Everything related to treating forms of mast cell disease are very individualized. I should know a little more this week - if I have kit gene mutation D 816v, things become pretty scary. Hopefully, I will be in the “rare” category again = no kit D816v mutation = a few more options to try!

Andrea Love Forum MGR

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a current cancer patient, this makes me sad and scared. Thank you, Terry, for helping to educate and enlighten so many. My your memory always be a blessing to those who loved and cared for you.
We are rooting for you! Terry went into remission after 12 years cancer free. He gave it one hell of a run! Please reach out if you ever need! Well wishes !

pourhouse

Reaction score
I did not post much, but always came to this excellent forum for ideas and guidance. Condolences to the Love family, Terry helped so many people! Thank you to all of you.

Gundraw

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Prayers go out to the family.

I don't have a lot of posts, but I can tell you that over a decade ago, a younger version of myself bought his first (old) house, and this place was the go-to for a LOT of projects that went on there. I wouldn't even care to guess how many times I would google a question I had, then scan for a terrylove forum post. It wasn't till years later that I got an account to post from time to time. I hope it goes without saying that I know this forum has helped out a lot of people, of which possibly most aren't even registered here.

Glad this place was here, and always appreciated the feedback and insight from Terry.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
My son had cancer when he was six and he lived for another 32 happy years

My wife had cancer and lived for 34 years

JayKuul

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of his passing, may he RIP. This forum will always be one of his legacies, I will miss him and his wisdom!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks