Securing hePEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Kamil

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know what people use to secure uponor hePEX when used for heating. I am running multiple lines and want to secure them to the basement ceiling. I saw plastic clamps available but they are rated at 150 degrees whereas the water from the boiler peaks at 200f. Would those clamps start to deform since the temperature is outside of their range? Also, are there any brackets available that would support multiple lines at the same time? Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think it depends a lot on the design of how you're heating your floor and what type of flooring you're heating. You have to tune the water temperature to the surfaces you intend to heat or you may mess up your floors.

While I have done a bunch of installations, I only did the installation and none of the design. I've seen staple up and aluminum heat tracks and those plastic tracks that the tube clips into.

Kamil

Reaction score
Thank you for the answers I will look more into those. Just to clarify I am running hePEX from the manifold at the boiler to cast iron radiators throughout the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks