Sebring, Florida Well and Pump advise (newbie) (Central Florida)

Users who are viewing this thread

SebringFL

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time user, in my 50's and I am very excited to hear what you guys recommend.

Got a small quarter acre property outside Sebring, Florida. I would like to look into getting well water from the property.

The thought was to drive the STAR Water Systems Steel Well Point into the ground, not sure how far into he ground yet and nothing has been bought, so it can easily be changed upon advise from this forum.

Then attach a pump to the system. 12v solar pump.

The water would be piped into a water well sulfur aerator system (160 gallon tank)

Next step would be to add a small water filtration system, but, I believe prior to that, in between the sulfur aerator system and the water filtration system, there should be another pump???

The water would then go into an outside solar heater with an outdoor shower.

Are the different steps in the right order, am I missing anything?

How does the well pump know how to shut off and turn on?

Also, I see some system with a pressurized thank. What does that do to your system?

And THANK YOU in advance for your help!

Reach4

Reaction score
When filling a tank, the well pump would be controlled by a float switch in the tank.

Regarding what works best for drawing water in your area, consider chatting with neighbors, especially any that have been there for a long time.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Hello everyone, first time user, in my 50's and I am very excited to hear what you guys recommend.

Got a small quarter acre property outside Sebring, Florida. I would like to look into getting well water from the property.

The thought was to drive the STAR Water Systems Steel Well Point into the ground, not sure how far into he ground yet and nothing has been bought, so it can easily be changed upon advise from this forum.

Then attach a pump to the system. 12v solar pump.

The water would be piped into a water well sulfur aerator system (160 gallon tank)

Next step would be to add a small water filtration system, but, I believe prior to that, in between the sulfur aerator system and the water filtration system, there should be another pump???

The water would then go into an outside solar heater with an outdoor shower.

Are the different steps in the right order, am I missing anything?

How does the well pump know how to shut off and turn on?

Also, I see some system with a pressurized thank. What does that do to your system?

And THANK YOU in advance for your help!

SebringFL

Reaction score
Interesting, so the well pump would be controlled by a float switch in the tank, very nice to know, thank you! I guess the order is
well -> pump -> pressure tank kit -> sulfur aerator system -> water filtration system -> clean water...
How does that lineup sound like?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Interesting, so the well pump would be controlled by a float switch in the tank, very nice to know, thank you! I guess the order is
well -> pump -> pressure tank kit -> sulfur aerator system -> water filtration system -> clean water...
How does that lineup sound like?
LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

SebringFL

Reaction score
Wauw! Very nice, thank you. Is it still okay to mount a water filtration system after the PK1A Pressure Tank Kit?

The pump is not going to be submerged, my thought was to dig down two feet and put a round 3 ft. tall plastic enclosure around it with a lid.

SebringFL

Reaction score
Looks good. What would you recommend, PVC pipes or copper? I have been buying copper pipes for a while, so I have some.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks