Rooftop furnace pressure switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm familiar with how residential furnaces pressure switches work. But rooftop units? Do they have a different style of pressure switch? How does it know the inducer is running

Fitter30

Reaction score
Its looking for a differential pressure just like any furnace. Some rooftops use a negitive pressure gas valve. Name plate should have the pressure listed or the install manual

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its looking for a differential pressure just like any furnace. Some rooftops use a negitive pressure gas valve. Name plate should have the pressure listed or the install manual
I was referring to and air switch that the inducer activates. I found it... was built on to the inducer

Fitter30

Reaction score
Older units 15+ years had a centrifugal switch two wires when fan was running would make switch. Somethings they would dirty not make sprayed them with wd40.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks