Reverse Osmosis Water Flow Control Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Azmizryk

Reaction score
Hello, I am new on this site.
I have a problem with my RO system. My ground water tds is 1800 and I get 50 tds from membrane product line. I used tds mixture valve to increase some tds like 150 to 200. The problem is that I tried many tds controller valves but all are closed after some use. I tried every settings to change location of booster pump, tds input line and output line, replace all pipes but tds not still.
Membrane give still tds there is no variation in ground tds.
Pump pressure is 95psi in guage. Pump is now installed after sediment. Tds valve installed on carbon block pre filter.
Please help.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Not understanding what you consider the 'problem' is???

Your description of what you have done so far is not helping to clarify.

Azmizryk

Reaction score
Not understanding what you consider the 'problem' is???

Your description of what you have done so far is not helping to clarify.
I want to increase tds level. For this purpose I used tds controller valve which is used to mix water coming from pre carbon with water coming from membrane product line. The problem is that tds control valve stop giving output after some use. I need to open it again and again. I replace many valves of many types.

Reach4

Reaction score
Wanting to increase TDS is a very unusual objective. Do you mean you want to increase hardness, or what.

A remineralization cartridge is often used on RO water that will be used for drinking. In that case, the objective is usually to add magnesium and calcium for drinking, and higher TDS would be a side effect.

Azmizryk

Reaction score
Wanting to increase TDS is a very unusual objective. Do you mean you want to increase hardness, or what.

A remineralization cartridge is often used on RO water that will be used for drinking. In that case, the objective is usually to add magnesium and calcium for drinking and higher TDS would be a side effect.
My membrane give 40 to 55 tds. Recommended tds is 150 to 250 is safest there is also remineralization cartridge installed but tds not increase from this process. I want 150 to 200 tds so I used mixing valve for this. But valve drops quantity of mixing after some use.

Reach4

Reaction score
If the TDS is not increased by a remineralization cartridge, your cartridge is not working.

Do not put RO water thru metal pipe. There are plenty of plastic things that can handle your RO water.

I think mixing your raw water with RO water to get drinking water seems wrong.

Bannerman

Reaction score
TDS is referring to non-specific 'totally dissolved solids'. You are utilizing an RO system to remove undesireable contaminants from the water, so by remixing raw water into the RO water, will be allowing some undesirable contaminants to be added back into your drinking water.

Since you are for some reason concerned that your RO water contains too little TDS, then adding desirable specific minerals into the RO water in a controlled fashion, would be the best course of action.

Since you said your existing re-mineralization filter has not been increasing TDS, then suggest investigating why your re-mineralization filter is not functioning.

Perhaps your existing re-mineralization filter maybe too small for the rate of water draw? Is your RO system supplying a dedicated RO faucet that is restricting the flow rate to 1 GPM or less, or is the RO system supplying a regular high flow faucet?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks