Resin tank tube misaligned

Users who are viewing this thread

diyhen

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I replaced a Fleck 5600 water softener timer seals and piston today. While I had all the guts out I looked down the valve and saw the tube from the resin tank was not seated perfectly. It looked like I was looking at a crescent, is that normal? Or is that something I need to fix?

Thanx in advance.

Bannerman

Reaction score
By the word "crescent", I interpret that to mean the normally round tube appears crushed or pinched so it is now no longer round.

An O-ring is utilized to provide a seal around where the riser tube is inserted into the socket at the bottom in the 5600 control valve.

If the tube is bent, crushed, pinched or too short so the O-ring will not provide a water-tight seal, then hard water that enters at the top of the tank above the resin, will not flow down through the resin but can leak past the O-ring which can cause hardness to remain in the water that exits the softener which is supplied to your home's fixtures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks