Replace Aquasure valve with Clack, would this make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

jstjohnz

Reaction score
Looking for a softener and have done a lot of research. I would like a 64,000 grain system with the Clack WS1 valve but the few systems I have found available online that have the Clack valve are in the $1,500-$1,700 range.

If I purchase individual pieces and 'roll my own', I can do it for about $1100-$1200, but obviously more of a hassle dealing with several vendors.

Would it make sense to purchase an Aquasure Harmony system, about $700, and just replace the valve with a Clack? It seems like the only part of a softener system that is high-tech is the valve. The other components of the Aquasure look to be pretty standard. 12x52 resin tank, 2 cu ft media (8%). I assume there's not much difference in media or brine tanks (please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks