Regeneration tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Kookieman 69

Reaction score
I have a home I only go to once a month had water checked and recommended regeneration tank only to clean up iron. I don't leave pump on while I'm gone. When I turn on regeneration tank I always have brown water in sinks and toilets closest to tank. Is this normal . Clears up after regeneration cycle. I guess it needs to be run more often ?? I worry about broken pipes when I'm not there so I turn well pump off when I leave. It is a 6 inch deep well always had problems with rust, any ideas that would help this problem, thanks, Mike

Reach4

Reaction score
You should know how much iron you are dealing with. You should probably take steps to help clean the resin of iron. This can be Iron Out with the salt. This can be a wick treatment dispenser.

The usual softener will have a setting that lets you set a maximum for how much time there is between regens, but that would mean leaving the pumping system on. For now, how about doing a regen when you first arrive and turn on the pump? That would mean maybe 75 minutes before the water is ready.

Kookieman 69

Reaction score
I have a home I only go to once a month had water checked and recommended regeneration tank only to clean up iron. I don't leave pump on while I'm gone. When I turn on regeneration tank I always have brown water in sinks and toilets closest to tank. Is this normal . Clears up after regeneration cycle. I guess it needs to be run more often ?? I worry about broken pipes when I'm not there so I turn well pump off when I leave. It is a 6 inch deep well always had problems with rust, any ideas that would help this problem, thanks, Mike.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks