Recommendation for heater that handles prewarmed water

Users who are viewing this thread

Silverstate

Reaction score
This is an offgrid home, we've got an 80 gallon hybrid electric with a heat pump (the big elements will never turn on). Our plumber recommends putting an instant heater after it to assist if we run out of hot water either from usage or not enough hot water from cloudy days.

I've heard only some instant heaters can be smart enough to handle 140F water entering, or 110F, etc. Only turning on when it needs to and then only putting out the heat it needs to. Thanks!

Fitter30

Reaction score
Being off grid how would u power a instant water heater they consume a lot of power. Their sized by gpm, coldest incoming water temp and output temperature.

Silverstate

Reaction score
Being off grid how would u power a instant water heater they consume a lot of power. Their sized by gpm, coldest incoming water temp and output temperature.
We've got a 4kw array and decent batteries but for the tankless heater it's the 500 gallon propane tank.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Chronomite has dozens of models of all voltages and sizes. Most of their models have a micro processor controlled for max water temperature output, therefore, it will shut down heating water when the output exceeds its preset setting (usually 105º) or an adjustable setting. They have plenty of information what each model and many different configurations, some are even made for showering. Some will work with as little as .2 gallons per minute water flow.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
But per the previous post, the OP is looking for a propane tankless.

Cheers, Wayne
First post he is asking about instant hots and they are only in electric. Then answered the power question. I'm not sure where this propane heater fits in? He is using a HP water heater. 500 gallons of propane maybe for central heating?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
First post he is asking about instant hots and they are only in electric.
Sounds like a terminological difference. Given the mention of a propane tankless in post #3, I took "instant hot" in the OP as being used as an synonym for tankless without implication as to the power source.

Hopefully the OP will clarify.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks