Rear outlet and floor mount toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

MrITryFixIt

Reaction score
Hello,

Plumbing newbie here. Our new home has a rear outlet and floor-mounted toilet that’s 30+ Years old. It drains very slowly and have tried snaking/plunger/baking soda+vinegar with no success before calling plumber.

Plumber recommended replacing with - Gerber Maxwell or American Standard Yorkville. Either will set me back at least 950 total which is pretty expensive and out of my budget. Not sure if that will fix the drain issues even though he thinks it will.

Would it be wiser and cheaper in long run to just redo the pipes with standard floor outlets? Never saw a rear outlet before and it seems it will be less powerful as gravity isn’t helping?

Thanks.

D4873F0C-3538-46A9-AC77-06C7149742AA.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would go with the Gerber Maxwell floor mount, rear outlet.
You can always call and see if others do better on price. If you plan on changing the rough to a floor mount, then also figure in fixing drywall and paint on the back wall too.

gerber-mx-21-022-spec-1.jpg

index.php

Last edited:

MrITryFixIt

Reaction score
I would go with the Gerber Maxwell floor mount, rear outlet.
You can always call and see if others do better on price. If you plan on changing the rough to a floor mount, then also figure in fixing drywall and paint on the back wall too.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks