Plastic access panels and condensation?

Users who are viewing this thread

GL77

Reaction score
I would like to install an access panel behind the shower wall, which would be in a walk-in closet, but I am curious since they don't seem to seal tight, do you get room air leaking in that would cause condensation on the pipes in the wall?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would like to install an access panel behind the shower wall, which would be in a walk-in closet, but I am curious since they don't seem to seal tight, do you get room air leaking in that would cause condensation on the pipes in the wall?
You can get all manner of access panels, some of which are gasketed. But I doubt you would have enough moist air getting past even the cheap clip in panels to matter.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why would room air be something to worry about? Moisture during a shower? If the most air can get in then so can the dryer air after a shower. Pipes should be insulated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks