PK1A CSV???

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomahawk54

Reaction score
I have been looking at the PK1A cycle stop valve kit. I have of course seen 2 differing opinions on this online. Some people swear by them and some people say they are not so great and even go so far as to say it's a scam. I can see how when running water for longer periods it reduces cycling by have the submersible pump run continuously. Looking for people with real world experience on how they have worked for you? How long can I expect one of these to last? Does it really help the life of the submersible pump? I am trying to decide between going with a PK1A or a large WX 255 pressure tank. Thanks

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
I have a CSV. I wanted it for the constant pressure and no cycling during long water usage (showers, morning routine, lawn watering, some dumb a$$ kid left something running….) . Watering my lawn and having the pressure fluctuate was not practical in achieving a good lawn.

On-off-On-Off will kill any motor faster. I don’t know if it will make the pump last longer but the science seems to back the claim that it does. As long as the motor has the proper water flow around it for cooling.

I have had zero issues with my original 36-40gal tank and the CSV I installed. Good constant pressure.

I started with one dwelling and now have two on the same well. I will be adding a 3rd eventually for a total of 10 beds. I am confident that the CSV will still be adequate. You can use a larger tank than recommended if you want but before the pump turns on you will notice the pressure drop more than a smaller tank.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think you will find that those who say the CSV is a scam or even "not so great" don't actually have one and have never seen one. They just "think" they know how pump systems should work and are actually giving you false information. Since the CSV has a complete money back guarantee you won't find anyone who has one that isn't 100% satisfied. Lol!

You just said you can see how it "reduces cycling by having the submersible pump run continuously". So you answered your own question. Of course the CSV makes pumps last longer as running continuous is much better for a pump than cycling on and off.

The Jury is still out on how long the CSV will last, as well as how long they can make a pump last. The oldest test cases were installed in 1992/1993 and are still running. I have documented cases of other valves that were similar to the CSV where the pumps and the valves have lasted over 50 years. The CSV is just a simple valve with a spring. There isn't much to wear out. And what the CSV does for the system eliminates pump cycling, which makes the pump last longer as well.

You can't get "real world experience" from someone who has never seen a CSV. And I think you will find that It is not many or even "some people", it is just one idiot making multiple slanderous videos on line. That is what I get for trying to fix stupid. Lol!

Here are several hundred people showing pictures of their real world experience, and you won't find a single unhappy customer.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks