Pipe height for flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Longtimelurker

Reaction score
Longtime lurker here, first time poster. We are about to put tile down on the floor, but wanted to check whether folks think this drain pipe height is going to cause an issue when installing the flange after 1/2 backerboard + tile goes on top. Is this pipe not protruding enough from the subfloor?

photo1662009521.jpeg

Thanks in advance! I really enjoy reading these forums and appreciate the time you all spend on answering questions.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
assuming the black is the hub of fitting and not an actual "pipe" as I see its rounded off

Longtimelurker

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! Sorry, I should have clarified. The black part sticking out from the subfloor is indeed the hub, and the flange I have will slide into it.

It sounds like the height might be okay, but maybe there is some concern on the angle. It does get to level pretty easily if gently pushed down. Is it still a concern that it's out of level?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks