One hole sink faucet with chrome plated copper risers

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad696969

Reaction score
I really appreciate guidance here. I have a vintage wall mounted sink, really nice. It has a single hole and I'm going to have exposed plumbing and water supply lines showing. I'm looking at single hole faucets and can't find any where i can run hard chrome plated copper risers from the valve to the faucet. All these faucets come with hoses that can't be changed. I see why because of the single hole. Is there any faucets for single hole that i can do this? Or is there an adapter that would let me run the hoses into hidden beneath the sink where i can then hook up the piper to the adapter? Thanks in advance everyone!

Reach4

Reaction score
brass-everbilt-brass-fittings-800759-c3_145.jpg

Are the hoses on the fixture intended to hook to a 3/8 compression stop valve? That would be typical. I think you could use 3/8 in. O.D. Compression Coupling Fittings. One end would be on the chromed riser (cut square) using the ferrule and nut. On the other end, you would discard the ferrule and nut. You would screw the hose onto the coupler.

I suspect you could find these in chrome if that solution appeals to you. I did not find that after searching a couple minutes. You can replace the brass nuts with chrome nuts. That's a little more chrome.

A 3/8 compression elbow would probably be better for this.

c74-041lf-3.jpg

Last edited:

Brad696969

Reaction score
Yes the lines off the faucet are 3/8 compression. I like your idea and its getting my brain thinking now. I could probably hook through the compression elbow. From one side I'd connect the hoses and from the other side I'd hook up my chrome risers, which would then show below the sink. I'd have to figure out a way to secure hoses up inside the sink and secure the hard risers vertically down to the shutoff valves. Does that make sense? I'm sure others have run into this. I really appreciate your advice and expertise here. Thank You!

Reach4

Reaction score
I'd have to figure out a way to secure hoses up inside the sink and secure the hard risers vertically down to the shutoff valves.
Some nylon ties and maybe some strong cord would be good. If you have nothing to tie onto, strong adhesive mounts could help.

Good chance there is something up high that you could grab onto. Stuffing the extra flex line length into a crevice will be the hard part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks