Occupancy Motion Sensor Switch that Does works in Light or Dark Room?

Users who are viewing this thread

1Newaygo

Reaction score
Looking for an Occupancy Motion Sensor Switch that Works in Light or Dark Room? As the ones I have found suggest that If the Room has enough Light the Sensor will not Turn on a Light something it sees the amount of light like a Solar Sensor and if the Sensor see's light does not Turn on the Light? I need one regardless of how much light is in the Area /Room it will always turn on the Light if the Motion Sensor sees Movement. Most Ones I have found seem to have a Light Sensor built n and if there is too much light overrides the Motion Sensor and won't turn on the Light. a few suggest there is an Adjustment to lower the Light Sensing But It is Not Clear how that Works? I am trying to keep the Cost to about $50.00 for this Device but the Packaging suggests there is some kind of Light Sensing associated with some of these but not sure if you can some how shut off the Light Sensor Part of a Occupancy Motion Sensor Switch? I am trying to set this up in a Garage for someone in a Wheelchair / Scooter to move up the ramp into a House and not have to worry if it is light enough to Navigate the path to the ramp and if it cam stay on for 5 Minutes? Anyone know what Brand / Model Can Do This? This Person lost his use of his Right Arm & Leg due to a Brain Tumor Cancer and since he had some of this Removed he is now in a Wheelchair Scooter and so I am trying to set up something that will Turn on a Light in this Garage when It see's Movement until he gets inside the House. with Assistance from others if needed.
Thanks for Any Suggestions on Brand Or Model that will do This and where I can Find One?
1Newaygo

Afjes

Reaction score
As you stated a sensor switch should have setting on it so you can adjust it so that the ambient light is taken into consideration. Example you have a window but not much light comes into the room. Enough comes in to tell the switch that there is enough light in the room but the room is still too dark to be concidered light enough to use the room. Check in the instructions. Usually you can pull of a panel on the switch where there are dials you can use to adjust this setting.

1Newaygo

Reaction score
Thanks but I know most Places once you open the "package" you are not able to return that item just like electrical panel breakers when you buy the Wrong One. They have no way to know if is still good or not. Had this when I need one for a Square D Panel and there was 2 different Panels that use different Breakers. So I was hoping to find someone that knows what "Occupancy Sensor Light Type Switch. Has a means to turn off or not have the Light switch built in with a "light "sensor"" so any movement would Turn on a Light. Why there is No details on most of the one's i have found lack whether you can disable this Sensor or not come with it? Hate to spend money and then have no use for it because it has this Room Ambient Light Sensor you can't disable. Looking for something Simple not motion sensor that needs some kind of controller that has a relay that operates once trigger there are some but it gets pricey when you get all these Devices.
Will Keep searching.
1Newaygo

Reach4

Reaction score
"Ambient Light Detection Lights turn on only if natural light in room is low"
Thanks, Does not mention if you could disable this Sensor or where it is to possible cover with something like E Tape to disable.
1Newaygo
I had not noticed that. It certainly would not be a suitable feature if you wanted to control a fan. This talks of programming/ customizing:

1Newaygo

Reaction score
The One in the Video Might be what I am Looking for but Not Sure what Model that Occupancy Sensor Switch It Is, Might you have what Model Number It is?
Appreciate the Assistance!
1Newaygo

Reach4

Reaction score
Nope. I don't intend to research this further. I had been trying to help you research.

1Newaygo

Reaction score
ere is what I found there is an Occupancy Sensor Type Switch that you can Disable the Ambient Light of a Room it can be disable on some of these . I have found out that if looking for a "Basic" one then Lutron MS-OPS2 will work If you want one with added features like Dimming and maybe hight wattage then Lutron MSCL-OPT153M. I order this one when I asked on another Q&A Site and went with the MSCL-OP153M learn after I only need the MS=OPS2 but had ordered the Multi Feature with Dimmer .
Just in case others are looking tthe one I ordered is also able to do 3 way switching. Among other features.
1Newaygo

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks