NPE-210A2: Recirculation short cycle with no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Saltwave

Reaction score
Hello!

Couple of months ago I had the NPE-210A2 installed with NaviCirc Thermostatic Valve at the farthest fixture. For the first few weeks the system was working fine. There were times the valve would make a 'woop' sound which acted somewhat as a confirmation that it was working. Recently the noise has stopped and now we have to wait for hot water to make it throughout the house.

Settings configuration:
- 2-way Valve: Turned to Ext
- Recirculation Settings: External Recirculation, External Pump no, always on.

Current Observations:
Every 20-30 minutes I can hear the water heater or pump turn on for 1-2 minutes and putting my hand on the hotwater line, I can feel flow moving, but the water does not heat up. It is almost as if pump is turning on but not heat exchanger to turn on. I thought it would continue to run until the NaviCirc reaches temp and stops flow, but it doesn't seem like I am getting to that point.

I have suspicions that either NaviCirc valve is restricting flow when it should not be or there is something wrong with my settings on the water heater.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

UPDATE: I took apart the NaviCirc on square side of the device. It seemed like one of the part was getting stuck in the closed position. After disassembling and aligning the parts together, everything is working as expected again. I think the water heater pump was only turning on for a short period and back to standby since no flow was available as the NavicCirc valve wasn't operating correctly, it never had a chance to start heating.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks