Novice Draining Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I have a 12' wall that has a washing machine, shower, (toilet) and a lav along it. Am I able to drain the 2" washer standpipe, a 2" shower drain and a 2" single lav drain into the same 2" drain pipe that would run directly under these 3 fixtures prior to it emptying into the 3" toilet drain? The drain for these 3 fixtures run parallel to iin its own joist bay which is adjacent to the joist bay where the toilet drain runs. They would combine near tbe end of the run whete head space is noongrt a concern. Each drain would have its own dry vent.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
2" pipe can handle 8 fixture units horizontally. Washer is 3, shower is 2 (single 2.5gpm shower head), and lav is 1. I think so yes. Even if the washer is 4 your good. Going from memory.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks