noise when flushing toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tobybill

Reaction score
hello, when I flush my toilet, I get a humming sound when it fills. I changed the fill valve, with no luck. I noticed when I turn on the hot water with the sink next to the toilet the noise disappears. any ideas. Thank you.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Under the toilet hank is a isolation valve normally a globe type

A globe valve is designed for throttling so try shutting it down a little and see if that helps

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have an expansion tank on your water heater? What is your static pressure?

Tobybill

Reaction score

Tobybill

Reaction score
Under the toilet hank is a isolation valve normally a globe type

A globe valve is designed for throttling so try shutting it down a little and see if that helps
I closed the valve a full turn, no difference.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Some shut off valves for the toilet uses a flat washer. They can vibrate as water flows and usually replacing the entire valve is needed. When you run water at the sink, the flow rate slows down to prevent the washer from vibrating. When you have the vibration, place your hand on the valve and you should feel the vibrations. Sometimes turning the valve to almost off will stop the noise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks