New well - casing and diameter

Users who are viewing this thread

Verywellfl

Reaction score
SE Florida
new shallow well (approx. 50 feet - up to 75 feet) needed, about 100 feet to 1/2 HP pump, low water usage (2 people max.)

Most well driller suggested 2" well, one stated it's an overkill and would do a 1" (saying pipes going into the house are 1/2 or 3/4 so 2" would be a waste)
I'm wondering if he's right or just bs me.... (his estimate is also $2900, all others are under $2300)

All (I guess) would do a galvanized steel casing. I read that it might rust and effects the water quality. Should I keep looking for a well driller who uses PVC casing?
)
Are all drilled wells rotary wells or must I make sure that it's not a driven well they might do?

Thanks for all responses in advance! Especially to those who are with me since the start of the "adventure".

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks