New house, need to boost pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad K

Reaction score
I am building a new home and want to increase the pressure in our existing surface water, gravity system. The system has about 35 psi at the location where the house will be. We currently live at the location in our RV and use a temporary filtration system. However, the filtration system drops the pressure so much in the RV we know we need to boost it for an entire house. I was looking at simple pressure pumps, like a Grundfos MQ45 but worry about life of product and maintenance issues that I have read about. Seems I could install a pump w/ pressure tank, but don't know reputable brands there either. Any collective info on recommended products and ratings for my kind of gravity fed systems that just need a boost would be appreciated. Thanks

Brad, Western Oregon

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you want something that will last use a PK1A kit to control a J7S pump.

J7S and PK1A.jpeg

Tell us about your experience
We just moved into our first home on well water. The system was not working very well and received a poor inspection report before buying. We got some money back on the house to do the needed repairs. Being pretty handy, I did a ton of research and put in the CSV setup myself. The system is amazing, I cant even tell I am not on pressurized city water. The setup is some clean and simple I expect it to last for decades. Even if there is any issue the system is so simple it will be easy to maintain.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/reviews

Douggieohare

Reaction score
Is this pump certified to be used with drinking water? If yes, I would like to take a closer look at it. I can find it in any plumbing shop, right?
We have just sold our old house to a local real estate and building agency and got even more money than we expected. Now we are building a new house in the woods, and I would like to start installing a good water supply system so there are no issues in the future. I need something that would last at least 10 years with almost no maintenance. Do you have some special offers for the houses located outside of cities?

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I am building a new home and want to increase the pressure in our existing surface water, gravity system. The system has about 35 psi at the location where the house will be. We currently live at the location in our RV and use a temporary filtration system. However, the filtration system drops the pressure so much in the RV we know we need to boost it for an entire house.
1. You refer to a gravity system. Is this a tank 50 ft higher than the ground that gets filled by a water truck?
2. What is the PSI before the filter system, or what is the pressure after the filter when you are not using water?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is a Gould J7S. I am sure it is rated for drinking water, even though that only means it has a NSF sticker on it that just makes it much more expensive than necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks