Have basic knowledge and understanding of installation

The PLAN for supply, outflow and venting has me lost

Thanks in advance to all

Pay for rough plan! or volunteer plan? Contact me! Thanks so much

IMG_5028.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where is your septic in relation to the building?

Waste and venting is the hard part. Water supply is super easy, but depending on location may want to be able to freeze proof everything.

Dummer Plummer

Reaction score
Where is your septic in relation to the building?

Waste and venting is the hard part. Water supply is super easy, but depending on location may want to be able to freeze proof everything.
Thanks so much for your reply
I think I understand supply
Drain and vent is a difficult situation
Main drain to septic would follow green arrow
Red dots are drain locations
Underside of house will be spray foam insulated
Heat tape or similar could also be used
Water cutoff for extreme weather is possible
Freezing shouldn’t be a problem

Thanks for all suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_5028.jpeg
    IMG_5028.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 80

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Perfect for horizontal wet venting the bathroom. The sink drain will become the vertical dry vent for the bathroom group of fixtures.
Downstream of the bathroom group you would tie in the laundry and the kitchen. Each of those will have their own individual traps and vents for those traps that rise vertically.

Attachments

• Cabin.png
    Cabin.png
    405.4 KB · Views: 73

Dummer Plummer

Reaction score
Thanks so much!
Perfect for horizontal wet venting the bathroom. The sink drain will become the vertical dry vent for the bathroom group of fixtures.
Downstream of the bathroom group you would tie in the laundry and the kitchen. Each of those will have their own individual traps and vents for those traps that rise vertically.
first, I apologize for my childish drawings
Secondly, I have probably made a terrible mistake by not seeking advice and opinion before I planned layout for bathroom
In this space, with the fixtures and sloped wall, this was the only configuration I could come up with :(

Flat gable end of the A-frame has a door downstairs, double upstairs and a window above
Stacks of headers and structure
I can drill down inside this wall but not up beyond ceiling
The bathroom vanity and wc sit on this wall
maybe I could do a long run up/ horizontally to sloped wall then up and out
Could be too close to window?

Washer dryer back to refrigerator at the kitchen wall
Could I have been vent or washer, dryer, horizontally, and up and exit with vent hood exhaust (on sloped wall)?

There is an open loft above all kitchen and bath

bathroom will have sheet rock ceiling creating some space between it and loft floor

Ceiling above kitchen area is the underside of loft floor

There are no walls in the loft above
a vent pipe for washer and dryer, would be running up through the middle of a “room”
Stacked mini washer and dryer will have a closet to ceiling and be hidden

Same question with bathroom sink could I go up wall then across horizontally through ceiling space and exit window

Is it possible for washer, dryer and WC vanity sink vent to join a main stack through sloped roof?

All my venting options must be through the sloped side roof

There is a window above the kitchen sink and one between shower and WC on the sloped wall/ roof

I hope someone can make sense of my explanations. maybe along with my drawing, and my first post description above?

Thanks so very much for your help in fixing my confusion!

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpeg
    IMG_5058.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 79

Dummer Plummer

Reaction score
Thanks so much!

first, I apologize for my childish drawings
Secondly, I have probably made a terrible mistake by not seeking advice and opinion before I planned layout for bathroom
In this space, with the fixtures and sloped wall, this was the only configuration I could come up with :(

Flat gable end of the A-frame has a door downstairs, double upstairs and a window above
Stacks of headers and structure
I can drill down inside this wall but not up beyond ceiling
The bathroom vanity and wc sit on this wall
maybe I could do a long run up/ horizontally to sloped wall then up and out
Could be too close to window?

Washer dryer back to refrigerator at the kitchen wall
Could I have been vent or washer, dryer, horizontally, and up and exit with vent hood exhaust (on sloped wall)?

There is an open loft above all kitchen and bath

bathroom will have sheet rock ceiling creating some space between it and loft floor

Ceiling above kitchen area is the underside of loft floor

There are no walls in the loft above
a vent pipe for washer and dryer, would be running up through the middle of a “room”
Stacked mini washer and dryer will have a closet to ceiling and be hidden

Same question with bathroom sink could I go up wall then across horizontally through ceiling space and exit window

Is it possible for washer, dryer and WC vanity sink vent to join a main stack through sloped roof?

All my venting options must be through the sloped side roof

There is a window above the kitchen sink and one between shower and WC on the sloped wall/ roof

I hope someone can make sense of my explanations. maybe along with my drawing, and my first post description above?

Thanks so very much for your help in fixing my confusion!
Dear Tuttle
Here are some photos to help explain the situation

I learned the editing markup on my phone :)
Sorry it still looks childlike!

For the bathroom I have found a few small places to sneak vent pipe out to sloped side of house

House is cabin, in woods and has no requirement to meet code, but I would like to do it as “right” as possible.
Functionality is more important to me than rules or cosmetics. I do want the vent to vent

If necessary to create a soffit or have an exposed ductwork vent pipe, I can work with that.

Green line on picture is venting possibility?

The other side of washer/dryer/shower wall is kitchen.
Backing to shower portion of wall is LP gas cooktop (supply and vent) and cooking exhaust vent. And next to cooktop, a LP tankless hot water means another vent! This water heater will sit in the corner, and I believe will vent out the sloped wall without problem.

Kitchen sink and dishwasher are no problem as they sit on sloped wall without any obstacles between them and roof

The third photo is the outside wall of the bathroom. Could the vent come through the wall and then pipe up through the roof on the outside?

Thanks so much for your ideas!

Attachments

• IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5072.jpeg
    IMG_5072.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5074.jpeg
    IMG_5074.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 67

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think I understand why the initial layout of the drains won't work. Its the simplest way to install them with the least number of vents from fixtures. And honestly the laundry could have an AAV for a vent and work fine so long as theres a vent out through the roof from the bathroom and kitchen combined or separately. Vents can offset horizontally through walls and ceiling spaces to get where they need to.

Dummer Plummer

Reaction score
I don't think I understand why the initial layout of the drains won't work. Its the simplest way to install them with the least number of vents from fixtures. And honestly the laundry could have an AAV for a vent and work fine so long as theres a vent out through the roof from the bathroom and kitchen combined or separately. Vents can offset horizontally through walls and ceiling spaces to get where they need to.
Dear Mr. Tuttle,

Thank you for you patience and help.

You are truly appreciated.

I think I am the one that doesn’t understand the layout you planned for me.

The sink drain vertical vent works for horizontal wet vent on shower and WC. Yes?

Where does the plan have the vent pipe for the sink exit the house?

W/D are horizontal wet vent to vertical kitchen sink? With one exit through roof. Yes?

Thanks so much!
Sorry I am
Completely clueless :)

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In the layout I drew over your plan view the Bathroom fixtures are combined into one single Horizontal Wet Vent system where the top half of the horizontal pipe is the vent for all of those fixtures. The sink rises vertical into the wall, to the trap arm of the sink, that portion is the wet vent. Above that trap arm is the dry vent that continues through the roof in whatever manner it can or needs to as long as it only goes horizontal or up with no down sections that will trap water and negate its purpose of venting. This method reduces the number of vents from 3 to 1 single

Downstream of the bathroom group, you will branch off for the laundry. The trap is generally above the floor with a stand pipe that rises up about 30" for the hose. That trap requires a vent. The vent again can travel up and horizontal to other vents, or through the roof. Up and Horizontal only, no down.

Ditto with the kitchen sink as the laundry. The dishwasher just connects to the sink trap via a hose, so we don't really consider it in the drain plan.

1686600938177.png

Dummer Plummer

Reaction score
In the layout I drew over your plan view the Bathroom fixtures are combined into one single Horizontal Wet Vent system where the top half of the horizontal pipe is the vent for all of those fixtures. The sink rises vertical into the wall, to the trap arm of the sink, that portion is the wet vent. Above that trap arm is the dry vent that continues through the roof in whatever manner it can or needs to as long as it only goes horizontal or up with no down sections that will trap water and negate its purpose of venting. This method reduces the number of vents from 3 to 1 single

Downstream of the bathroom group, you will branch off for the laundry. The trap is generally above the floor with a stand pipe that rises up about 30" for the hose. That trap requires a vent. The vent again can travel up and horizontal to other vents, or through the roof. Up and Horizontal only, no down.

Ditto with the kitchen sink as the laundry. The dishwasher just connects to the sink trap via a hose, so we don't really consider it in the drain plan.

View attachment 92889
Thank you so much! Single exit!
I will get that sink vent out the side roof!
Gable (flat) ends of the house being all glass and doors, and 2 other sides of the house being sloped wall/roof, structure has gotten in the way of necessities for luxuries

Thank you again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks