Need to cheat toilet vent line toward wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Branimal

Reaction score
I'm using a 3x3x3 santee with a 3x2 reducer to vent my toilet. I don't have enough vertical height to cheat the vent line back with two 2" 22.5* elbows before I hit the subfloor and the 2x4 bottom plate.

I can think of 3 possible solutions:
1. Use a 3" x 1 1/2" reducer. Maybe the 1 1/2" 22.5* elbows will be smaller. Pretty sure NYC allows 1 1/2" vent ines for toilets.
2. Use a 3x3x2 PVC DWV 90* elbow (w/ 2" Low heel inlet). I saw this on supplyhouse. Not sure if this is allowed for toilet lines. See pic below
3. Use a 2x6 bottom plate. Or cheat the 2x4 bottom plate forward.

IMG_5782 (1).jpg

IMG_C9CAF63D8BC2-1.jpeg

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can use the fitting you have in the picture as long as it stays in the position its pictured in.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
For an end of run like shown, there should be a cleanout extended to the exterior.
Any run longer than five ft. must have a cleanout.
If it helps, they do make 3" street tees

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
IPC has different rules regarding cleanouts but looks like it very well might be violation for us (UPC) over 5 ft off main would be issue.
low heel or a bushing in that santee and street 45s will keep you a little lower you can swing them if the 45s hits the brick. The 45s are cheaper than 22s as well

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks