Need New Tub Spout? Which Replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

LCF

Reaction score
I am looking for a replacement for this tub spout. I am renovating my bathroom and was planning on saving this and reusing it but it got scratched. The threads to screw it on are at the front of it close to where the water comes out and not at the back where it meets the wall. The entire spout measures a little more than 5". Is there anything universal in polished chrome I could buy? No diverter. Photos attached. Thanks

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 73
  • F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

LCF

Reaction score
I do know that, but when I look at all the ones similar they are either too long and my pipe wont reach to where the threads are inside the spout, or the threads are at the back (from what I can see in the photos anyway). The last time I did this was with a spout that had a set screw and so it was much easier. Thanks for the link!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The pipe nipple is removable and replaceable with a shorter or longer nipple as needed. Spouts that have a set screw are for installation on copper pipe stub outs which you could do if you wanted to solder some type L copper onto a male adapter and try to thread that into the wall.. But I wouldn't suggest it unless your soldering skills are solid and you have access to a long barreled socket.

LCF

Reaction score
The pipe nipple is removable and replaceable with a shorter or longer nipple as needed. Spouts that have a set screw are for installation on copper pipe stub outs which you could do if you wanted to solder some type L copper onto a male adapter and try to thread that into the wall.. But I wouldn't suggest it unless your soldering skills are solid and you have access to a long barreled socket.

Unfortunately my walls were already closed up so I am not going to solder on new stubs. I do have a second spout from a different bathroom, but the thread is very close to the wall and I can't find a replacement spout online. All the ones I am seeing are slip on with a set screw but you you need to cut off the threads and I don't have enough of a stub to do that. You wouldn't know the replacement for this one would you? It's American Standard.

Attachments

• tub22.jpg
    tub22.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 75

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Generally, the threaded pipe nipples are removable and replacable with whatever length you need. Which would allow you to install that diverter spout. Or buy a new non diverter spout.

Here is another available at Home Depot.

41 in stock at Providence
Aisle 09, Bay 011 

LCF

Reaction score
Generally, the threaded pipe nipples are removable and replacable with whatever length you need. Which would allow you to install that diverter spout. Or buy a new non diverter spout.

Here is another available at Home Depot.

41 in stock at Providence
Aisle 09, Bay 011 

Thanks again for the info. I live in Vermont now so usually buy online. I don't think this spout will work to replace the spout in the second photo (but I am attaching it again). I think I only have an inch or two of stub to thread on to and the threads on the existing spout shown in the photo are right at the back where it meets the wall. Thanks!

Attachments

• tub22.jpg
    tub22.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 66
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks