Navien NPE-240A, possible to use with recirc turned off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Firebat

Reaction score
Hi folks. The 240A has recirc. The 240S does not.

Id like to buy the 240a just as a failsafe if i want to add recirc later if hot water takes too long to arrive.

If i go that route, ill need to add a NaviCirc at furthest fixture

Anyone know if its possible to leave the recirc port capped off for possible later use?

Thanks in advance.

Bannerman

Reaction score
The recirc port will commonly remain capped when the home is not equipped with a recirculation return line. With the 2-way valve set to internal, the recirculaion pump will be drawing directly from the buffer tank, not the recirculation return port.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep.. the 240A comes with a recirc pump that recircs internally to prevent the cold water sandwich. I think it reheats a 2gal tank. The recirc port can get hooked up later, then you flip the valve as Bannerman mentions and flip a dip switch or change a setting on the interface.

Firebat

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the response this helped me greatly.

Also, do you know if I should move the expansion tank on my current setup over to the cold side of the circuit? Or can I leave it on the hot side?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It should remain on the cold side after any check valve that isolates the tankless and recirc loop. You may not even need an expansion tank in an on demand setup since theres not enough volume to expand.. but it certainly cant hurt anything..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks