Navien 210-A2, Best way to get 12 inch horizontal separation?

Users who are viewing this thread

RCY

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I had a Navien 210-A2 installed a couple days ago. First, the installer had the intake on the tall vent and the exhaust on the small lower vent. I asked Navien and they said exhaust should be higher. They also said 12 inch height separation is good but there should be 12 inch horizontal as well. They also said no need for the vent mesh caps.

This picture is from before I moved the taller vent pipe to the left and the smaller to the right (to get low intake and high exhaust), so imagine tall on left and short on right.

To get the 12 inch horizontal separation that Navien suggested, is it better to extend the exhaust more to the left or extend the intake more to the right (remember it's reversed from the picture now)? Also, do you agree about the vent caps?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. it was done this way because I had a Rinnai R75 LSi (from 2009) that had a concentric vent and asked the installer if he could avoid any more holes in the brick, so he used the hole from the old concentric vent.

View attachment 84645

PXL_20220630_005240885~2.jpg

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would turn those 90's on 45 degree angles and put a small travel peice on each one then 45 back to plumb. That is if I cared that much. If it were me I'd do it right the first time or leave it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The manual shows that you can install venting with this kit by Versatech.
Page 54 of the instruction manual.

diversitech-horizontal-vent-kit.jpg

It's side by side for both intake and exhaust. It's a little confusing isn't it.

navien-vent-page-17.jpg

Page 17 showing intake air from inside. Which you can do in certain circumstances. I see that often when installed in a garage.

Last edited:

RCY

Reaction score
I would turn those 90's on 45 degree angles and put a small travel peice on each one then 45 back to plumb. That is if I cared that much. If it were me I'd do it right the first time or leave it.
Thanks. For simplicoty, could I just extend the intake sort of like this..
PXL_20220630_005240885~4.jpg

RCY

Reaction score
The manual shows that you can install venting with this kit by Versatech.
Page 54 of the instruction manual.

diversitech-horizontal-vent-kit.jpg

It's side by side for both intake and exhaust. It's a little confusing isn't it.

navien-vent-page-17.jpg

Page 17 showing intake air from inside. Which you can do in certain circumstances. I see that often when installed in a garage.

Thanks. That Versatech kit is.definitely not 12 inches exhaust to intake, so I'm not sure why the two pipe I have needs the 12 inch horizontal separation

RCY

Reaction score
Ended up doing this. Any reason this isn't good? Could have been a bit shorter, maybe?

Vertical pipe is exhaust. Horizontal is intake.

PXL_20220701_001239785~2.jpg

bingow

Reaction score
Around here, bluebirds (and probably several other breeds) would absolutely fly into that vertical pipe, and cannot get back out. It should have a grid cover.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would consider applying latex paint or Plasti Dip spray paint or Desert Brown camo tape.

Reactions: RCY
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks