Moving wall drain pipe over a few inches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zennifer

Reaction score
We are installing a new vanity and sink. The sink drain is about 3” off of the wall drain.
The vanity has full drawers, which we intent on cutting and remaking to fit, and it would give us the most drawer space (and be easiest to install the ptrap) if the drains were lined up.

Picture shows where the drain in tye wall is (red lines). Id like to cut back those 3”, install a new 45° piece coming out of the wall, and then do a traditional ptrap, and build my vanity drawers to fit around.

We did play with the idea of an ADA drain and ptrap flat against the wall, ikea style, but I think we’ve settled on the above?

6337A75C-C4A2-4914-B16C-A5C1FB129FC4.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The minimum trap arm length is two pipe diameters, as measured from the trap weir to the vent (not between the hubs of the fittings). So a 1-1/2” pipe would require a 3” minimum trap arm, and a 2” pipe needs a 4” minimum trap arm.Nov 16, 2021

1661041746923.png

Zennifer

Reaction score
The 45 degree fitting will be the end of the trap arm length. As long as the trap arm is at least 3", you're good.

The minimum trap arm length is two pipe diameters, as measured from the trap weir to the vent (not between the hubs of the fittings). So a 1-1/2” pipe would require a 3” minimum trap arm, and a 2” pipe needs a 4” minimum trap arm.Nov 16, 2021

View attachment 85854
Thanks- my waste line is horizontal, meeting up at the toilet next to the vanity, rather than being vertical right behind the vanity.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks