Moved baseboard location. Now no heat at new spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

colin8

Reaction score
We recently removed a counter-top peninsula which had baseboard heat on the backside. I have moved the location of the baseboard to the opposite end of the kitchen, which made more sense to me anyways as it is colder on the exterior wall side. I tied back into the original location where the baseboard ties back into the main monoflow 1" pipe that feeds the entire main floor. I have now added approximately 25-30ft of pipe with supply and return of the baseboard. I installed a baseboard elbow with vent/bleeder at the new location that I am not getting any air out of anymore, only cold water. All other baseboards are hot and working.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Background:

Navien 240 combi boiler with 2 zones; main floor and basement. I believe it is considered a one pipe system.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you install a valve between the tees?

How far apart are thr tees?

Monoflo systems have a lot of requirements and are finely tuned for what was installed.

The easiest fix would be to put a valve between the tees and throttle it.

colin8

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the replies. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Instead of trying to continue to troubleshoot the system as I had it piped, I decided to extend the main to reach the new baseboard location. I installed a Raven brand monoflow tee on the return side of the baseboard to mimic how the the rest of the zone is set up. It ended up working great.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks