More help on the plumbing forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I will be getting more help on the plumbing forums from the kids. Taylor has been my tech guy, in his day job he's working for Oracle.
Andrea and Jamie will be helping out more too, as I'm finding that life with cancer can be a little trying.

index.php

Andrea and Jamie, you will see them becoming more involved in the forums in the future. It should be fun.

jamie-2022-04.jpg

Ben Kulinski on the left, Jamie Love on the right.
This was an 80's party.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
bruce-on-rock.jpg

I think I'm wearing the yellow shirt, while my brother Clare is keeping Bruce from falling off the rock. That's how life is, we count on each other. My brother James Packard Love will be visiting me on his way back from Europe this week. He's East Coast in Arlington VA and his other place in Delaware. And of course his Geneva Switzerland office too. I'm seeing my family a lot more this month since they heard about what has been happening medically with me. I'm still waiting to see if I can recover enough for ski season, or do I just turn in my ski passes. Nobody knows what to tell me. I lost 45 pounds, most of it muscle two months ago. Unplanned. I would have preferred to have kept the weight. Andrea has been helping with office work, and I'm teaching her how to work the forums. That will be a help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm glad you are getting to see family. We got to make time to stay in touch with family . Praying you get strength back soon and better health Terry.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
View attachment 89062

I think I'm wearing the yellow shirt, while my brother Clare is keeping Bruce from falling off the rock. That's how life is, we count on each other. My brother James Packard Love will be visiting me on his way back from Europe this week. He's East Coast in Arlington VA and his other place in Delaware. And of course his Geneva Switzerland office too. I'm seeing my family a lot more this month since they heard about what has been happening medically with me. I'm still waiting to see if I can recover enough for ski season, or do I just turn in my ski passes. Nobody knows what to tell me. I lost 45 pounds, most of it muscle two months ago. Unplanned. I would have preferred to have kept the weight. Andrea has been helping with office work, and I'm teaching her how to work the forums. That will be a help.
I am pulling for you to be able to get out there and do those turns :).

What are you skiing on these days anything fun? I am on a 10 year old pair of Head Titans that I love an refuse to let go until they fall apart. That being said, I should probably plan these things out better .. last time I waited a little too long before replacing my boots.

I was skiing down the hill and, all of sudden, noticed my foot was cold ... I was a little surprised when I looked down.

index.php

Attachments

• Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 212

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One Spring, I had broken a boot while skiing, and going back to the lodge to rent a replacement pair, the second one broke too. I guess they're only good for about ten years.
My skinny skies are Head Chip Super Shape. A computer chip stiffens the skis at speed for a smoother ride.
My out of bounds skis are K2 Side Stash. They float well in the deep stuff and still arc well on hard pack. They weigh a lot less too.
I was going to buy those one Spring, had the cash on hand, and the ski store that was bring them in for me had forgotten. I went skiing to Crystal Mountain that weekend, went downstairs to their ski store, and the sales lady suggested a used pair that the owner of the area had used, "barely". They were like brand new with mounted bindings. I wound up paying half what I had been prepared to pay, and the money was already in my wallet. Same ski, same size that I had been looking to buy anyway.

Steve and Phil Mahre And the Seattle Times article.

crystal_2012_top_of_pb.jpg

I'm taking this picture of my friends before we head down the slope to the left.

crystal_2013_4480.jpg

Brother Clare in blue and I'm in green.
Mt. Rainier in the background.

Last edited:

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Mine groomer skies are the chip skies also.
1670951155261.png

I am not sure if it is the chip and the piezoelectric fibers, or the fact that there is a full lenght sheet of metal, but the amount of rebound coming out of the turn is crazy. It almost put me on my head a few times when I was getting used to them.

As you alluded to, they are heavy. Not a problem on snow, but a bit of a pain for the trek to the parking lot. My wife offered to carry my skies one day (I think I had all of my gear and all of the kids gear ... she usually just does a few runs and packs it in). I told her she did not want to do that. She did not believe me and gave it a go ... she quickly opted to cary some of the kids gear instead.

I have no need for "out of bounds" skies on the east coast. Although, many people do buy them for the "Power Days" ... I think I have only really seen one "Powder Day" in my time. I opted for the Titan because it was the widest in the supershape line at the time (still probably 13M turning radius) to better handle the end of day crud.

If there is one thing 35 years on skies has taught me is never pay retail! I was not intending to buy skies on the day I picked up these ones. I just had some questions and the rep told me he would sell them to me for $550/cdn "tax in" because they were last years colours. I think the list price a the time was $1,200 ... needless to say that was a deal could not turn down.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Ha ... I just saw your pictures after the fact ... I am jealous ... my ski hill looks very different ... I will try to get a pic for comparison when it gets open.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks