Moen Posi-Temp valve compatibility

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffNC

Reaction score
I'm using a T2901BL trim. It says it uses the Posi-Temp and M-PACT valve. Looking at the specification sheet though, it specifically lists valve series 2500 and 62300.

I got the 2326PF valve and it also says it's Posi-Temp and M-PACT. However you can see the model is 2300 series. Looking at a valve from the 2500 series and this valve, as in the links below, the only difference I can see is that tiny notch at the tip of the valve stem. (Aside from the connector type obviously - that's why I got this model in the first place.)

Can anyone tell me if the valve and trim are compatible? I'm trying to get an answer before Moen tech support opens on Monday morning.

moen-2326.jpg

moen-2570.jpg

moen-T2901BL.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With one valve, the stem is rotated 180 degrees. The notch faces down when the water is in the off position.
Spin it and it works the same, and ready for the handle to be installed.

moen-gibson-spec.jpg

The 6 in front of the last four numbers means it's a bulk pack.

moen-notch-down.jpg

Last edited:

JeffNC

Reaction score
Oh. Thanks! Tha't's a very weird and confusing way to list the 2300 and 2500 series - inconsistent format.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks