Mobile home inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

Spfrancis

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a mobile home on a lot that is pretty nice, and I want the lot. I need the mobile home to be okay for 5-7 years. It was built in 1988, so pretty dated. The one item that the inspector pointed out was some patch work, or something that was done to support the base of the mobile home.

Here is a pic of it:
I'm not sure if these types of changes are normal for a mobile home. Any thoughts?

spfrancis-01.jpg

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Stack some blocks on a stable footing like the other masonry blocks are and use wood shims to wedge the blocks under the trailer joist then remove that stack of blocks. blocks aren't meant to support weight when their resting on their ends, they could collapse.

Attachments

• Utest.jpg
    Utest.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 178

Spfrancis

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. It sounds like it really isn't a bid deal, but should be fixed.

Clarissa7

Reaction score
During a mobile home inspection, always check under every exterior window, as well as on the entire interior perimeter of a mobile home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks