Maxwell wall mount on old carrier?

Users who are viewing this thread

RayL

Reaction score
I'm planning to replace my 1968 wall mount toilet with a Gerber Maxwell. Old toilet works ok, but its lilac colored. Want to update bathroom & put in a white toilet but want to avoid changing the carrier or any other grief in the process. Opened up the wall to check out the carrier - see pic. 3" copper drain. Just wondering if I can expect any complication, or if anyone has any advice it's appreciated. Thanks! Ray

toilet carrier.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Maxwell is a very easy replacement for a 60's carrier.

Things you will need:
Neoprene wall seal.
New supply line.

Handy things to have
5/8" nut and large washers from the hardware store. May not use them, but can come in handy if the capped nuts don't thread in far enough.
The back flange on the Maxwell may be thinner than on the bowl you're removing.

index.php

These are also nice.
Zorro has them.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some careful measuring of how far the drain barrel sticks out compared to where the toilet rests on the backing washers is in order. Compare that to your new toilet to ensure the Neoprene gasket gets the right amount of compression.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks