Low-Heel 90 / San-Tee after toilet arm (on 1st floor)

Users who are viewing this thread

JJ44

Reaction score
Hello.

I've read on another thread that a similar setup is code-compliant only on an upper floor, but I'd like to use it on a ground floor as shown.

I do not want to bring a clean out through the floor, and I can't figure out why it would matter which floor this setup is on for UPC compliance. Thoughts?

JJ44

Reaction score
Hum, the link-picture didn't work. Here it is as a small file-attachment.

Attachments

• poop-05.JPG
    poop-05.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 174

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Our inspectors want the clean out in an accessible location. There is no way any snake machine can fit in a crawlspace like that.
Better to use a 3" santee for the toilet and have the cleanout on the first floor, and then reduce down for the vent.

JJ44

Reaction score
Sorry: The picture does not represent the actual location of the clean-out, only the plumbing path. The actual clean-out location is such that it is pointed outward of the crawlspace, within 6" of the building footprint. Easily accessible.

JJ44

Reaction score
Attached is a top-view.
So other than your access concerns, is there any reason I can't have the fittings as previously pictured?
(and previously mentioned as only suitable for upper-story in home for reasons unknown to me)

Attachments

• poop-06.JPG
    poop-06.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 149
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks