Looking for info about Fluidmaster model 300

Users who are viewing this thread

Mchiarit

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Fluidmaster model 300? I own a home purchased new in 2016 which has three toilets, each of which uses Fluidmaster model 300. Being unable to find a repair kit, I contacted Fluidmaster who responded by indicating that the entire flush valve should be replaced with a Fluidmaster model 400A or 400H.

fm-300-cap-01.jpg

I was able to find a description on how to repair the model 300 at this link:
http://gerber-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1554/~/fluidmaster-300-cap-repair-guide

The link refers to “Part No. GENGR-024” as the repair kit. However, neither Gerber Parts (the owner of the link), Gerber (the brand itself) nor Global Union (Gerber’s parent company) have any information about this part.

It is curious to me that Fluidmaster would manufacture an item, then not only discontinue making it, but stop making a repair kit as well. There are Fluidmaster flush systems that were sold over 45 years ago for which repair kits are still available.

Furthermore, how is it that no one even knows about the model 300, its demise or the reason for it?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't tell you why, but Why don't you change all 3 for around 21 bucks to a 400 ? Maybe its a poor design and they want the 300 out of service without having to recall or admit anything. I'd toss all 3 and be done with it

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have a plunger nearby, and have you had to use it more that 0.5 times per year per person? If so, maybe this would be a good time to consider a new toilet. They flush better, despite using less water. One other benefit of the new toilets: if you get a clog, one flush cannot overflow the toilet.

Now if you have sentimental attachment or the old toilet matches the lavatory, and the old toilet flushes tolerably well, you might want to keep the old toilet. In that case, follow everybody else's advice and swap out the fill valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks