Looking for Correct Faucet Aerator Adapter Size

Users who are viewing this thread

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
According to https://www.plumbingsupply.com/about-faucet-aerators.html:
Typical regular size for a faucet aerator is 15/16" male threaded or 55/64" female threaded, while junior size is 13/16" male threaded or 3/4" female threaded.
I have a 13/16" male threaded aerator for my bathroom sink and need to replace it with my standard male threaded aerator.

Would someone confirm that I need a 13/16" male threaded to 55/64" female threaded adapter, or point me to the correct adapter for my needs? I'm having more trouble than expected finding such an adapter. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There MAY be such an adapter, but I would doubt it. Ace Hardware usually has a drawer full of aerators and adapters. WHY do you need to install the larger aerator on the junior fitting?

Reach4

Reaction score
I just want to fit my standard male aerator into a junior size female sink fitting. Why would that be unrealistic?
It would be unrealistic to confirm what thread the aerator you had in your hand, that you think is a "standard mail aerator" , has. I would take your aerator to the big hardware store and ask them to confirm what thread you have and see if they have an adapter.

Now if we presume that your initial presumptions are correct, your adapter would need a 15/16" female threaded adapter to receive your 15/16" male threaded aerator. So you would be looking for a 13/16" male to 15/16" female adapter, right? I did not find such an adapter listed anywhere.

Why would you be looking for an adapter to use a "standard" aerator anyway. Are you just telling us that because you really want an adapter to adapt to an adapter?

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
There MAY be such an adapter, but I would doubt it. Ace Hardware usually has a drawer full of aerators and adapters. WHY do you need to install the larger aerator on the junior fitting?
Ace Hardware didn't have the adapter. I'd like to install an Oster QuickBreeze dental irrigator that uses a waterjet to floss teeth at the sink. It comes with its own standard-sized male aerator and a female irrigtion wand adapter. I'm at a place that has a junior-sized faucet aerator, but I need an adapter that allows the Oster aerator to fit there.

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
It would be unrealistic to confirm what thread the aerator you had in your hand, that you think is a "standard mail aerator" , has. I would take your aerator to the big hardware store and ask them to confirm what thread you have and see if they have an adapter.
Ace Hardware told me that I needed a 13/16" male to "standard" female adapter. I couldn't find the adapter at Home Depot, and they were too short of help for me to ask. At this point I just need the correct sizing so that I can continue looking online. I might try a different Home Depot because it appears that SKU #599904 might be the adapter I need. https://thd.co/2Fuvebv

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
That 13/16 thread is an oddball size thread. You sure its not either m22 x1mm to m24 x1mm.There are imperial equivalents that are so close they work. If neoperl site doesnt show that thread I doubt it exists. The photo looks like a standerd adapter to fit a water filter to a sink aerator.
If you look at a thread site the only 13/16 thread is a course 10 tpi thread . If you lived closer to me I would make you one.

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
The HD website tells how many are thought to be in stock in a store, and what aisle and bin the item is in.
Thanks for that important info that went unnoticed by me. The store apparently had it in stock even though I couldn't find it. I'll take a copy of the item page with me the next time I visit. But first, I'd like someone to confirm that SKU #599904 is the correct item for me.

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
That 13/16 thread is an oddball size thread. You sure its not either m22 x1mm to m24 x1mm.There are imperial equivalents that are so close they work. If neoperl site doesnt show that thread I doubt it exists. The photo looks like a standerd adapter to fit a water filter to a sink aerator.
If you look at a thread site the only 13/16 thread is a course 10 tpi thread . If you lived closer to me I would make you one.
Thanks for your reply. I'm going to take the Home Depot SKU web page with me, along with both aerators and hope I can find some store help.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for that important info that went unnoticed by me. The store apparently had it in stock even though I couldn't find it. I'll take a copy of the item page with me the next time I visit. But first, I'd like someone to confirm that SKU #599904 is the correct item for me.

I have my doubts. You quoted "Typical regular size for a faucet aerator is 15/16" male threaded". The item you located is a 13/16 in. x 55/64 in. Brass Faucet Adapter. So I think you are going to have to go try stuff.

A big Ace Hardware or other hardware store often has the gauge to identify what you really need.

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
I have my doubts. You quoted "Typical regular size for a faucet aerator is 15/16" male threaded". The item you located is a 13/16 in. x 55/64 in. Brass Faucet Adapter.
  • standard = 15/16" male or 55/64" female
  • junior = 13/16" male threaded or 3/4" female
I'm looking for a junior male that connects to a standard female. So I need a 13/16" male that ends with a 55/64" female, which allows it to connect to a standard Oster QuickBreeze 15/16" male aerator.

I went to another nearby Home Depot and the sales associate couldn't find any SKU #599904 even though his inventory stats indicated that there should have been 3 in stock. A nearby Lowes didn't have the adapter either.

EDIT: I ordered SKU# 599904 online for pickup at the store. I just hope it's the part I need.

EDIT2: Home Depot cancelled the order. I guess $4.58 wasn't worth their while.

Last edited:

Ronofdolton

Reaction score
The issue has been resolved. Turns out the Oster aerator has both an inner (55/64') and outer (15/16") thread. Home Depot SKU 578956 is a 55/64" to 13/16" male/male adapter that connected the Oster inner thread to my faucet perfectly. Thanks for the contributions by all. I learned from this experience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks