Leaky valve where do I bleed to try to clear?

Users who are viewing this thread

EricTheNeal

Reaction score
504AE0EF-A9C1-4EB8-933B-404EF6E1D90F.jpeg

I know nothing about sprinklers but have read I can bleed with a screw to clear a leaky zone. I don’t see one here? This is a Rainbird system put in 4 years ago. Help this little woman

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not sure of those are Rain Bird Valves, however they all work pretty much the same. The large knob is for flow control and for a Rain Bird the knob would be smaller and the bleed valve would be right next to it. It will look like a large plastic screw. However, turning the solenoid about 1/4 turn counter clockwise will give the same results. You may need to use pliers to loosen the solenoid, then only hand tighten.

The cause of a leak or weeping valve is usually the valve needs a rebuild. The neoprene diaphragm can get hard and not close properly, or as you might suspect caused by debris. Caution, do not fully remove the solenoid unless the water source is turn off with a stop valve or the well pump is switched off, otherwise you'll get a face full of water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks