Leak in water supply line kitchen sink hard to get to

Users who are viewing this thread

Lacey2008

Reaction score
I have a leak under my kitchen sink which resulted in water leaking downstairs in my bedroom. I unfortunately don't know too much about plumbing but I hope someone can possibly help me out with this issue. So it seems like the leak is somewhere in the water supply line but I cannot get to where the line connects to the faucet, the hole which contains the sprayer line and both water supply lines is very small and I cannot fit anything up there. I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction regarding how to get to the connection. Oh and the leak seems to be coming from the water line on the left which I do believe is the hot water supply line. Thank you so much in advance
-Young single woman

Lacey2008

Reaction score
Oh and the leak seems to be coming from the water line on the left which I do believe is the hot water supply line. Thank you so much in advance
-Young single woman

lacy-01.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes the supply lines on kitchen faucets will spin on and off, using O-rings.
What brand and model is the faucet so that the parts list can be looked up.
A picture of the faucet might help.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would turn off the valves, and see if the leaking stops. If it does, that is good news.

Reach4

Reaction score
Nice. So likely the faucet assembly, as Terry suspected. Post that photo.

If you tie a strip of cotton cloth around the line at some place, and that strip gets wet, then you know the water is exiting under or above that cloth.

Lacey2008

Reaction score
Nice. So likely the faucet assembly, as Terry suspected. Post that photo.

If you tie a strip of cotton cloth around the line at some place, and that strip gets wet, then you know the water is exiting under or above that cloth.
It appears to be at the very top of the line possibly where it connects, but I am not sure how to go about getting to it. Possibly pulling the faucet out but again I'm not sure how to do that either.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It can be the pull out spray hose or connection. If it leaks 24/7 with water turned on to faucet but with handle at top turned off that indicates problem of that hose or connection as Terry mentioned o ring or loose hose . If you can't remove faucet you'll need someone that can

Lacey2008

Reaction score
it can be the pull out spray hose or connection. if it leaks 24 7 with water turned on to faucet but with handle at top turned off that indicates problem of that hose or connection as terry mentioned o ring or loose hose . if you cant remove faucet youll need someone that can
I'm sure I could, I just don't know how to could you give me some tips?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm sure I could, I just don't know how to could you give me some tips?
The Easiest way is for you to look at instructions or contact manufacture while viewing them. much more difficult for me to do that its very simple for me but hard to explain

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score

Lacey2008

Reaction score
I don't see how your faucet is attached. It looks to be missing a part below.
If the hot supply line leaks with the water on, it sounds like you need to replace the faucet.

This would be a nice one.

What do you mean missing a part? I'll attach another photo. Should I start by removing the handle or should I start somewhere else? I removed the blue/red circle as shown in the second picture. Is that right?

lacy-04.jpg

lacy-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
What do you mean missing a part? I'll attach another photo. Should I start by removing the handle or should I start somewhere else? I removed the blue/red circle as shown in the second picture. Is that right?
Turn water off, go under sink remove spray hose connection,, disconnect supply lines from shut off valves, remove unscrew whatever thingy holds faucet on , remove faucet throw in trash. repeat in reverse with new faucet you might look at YouTube for tips .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks