Kitchen sink plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Gatorbootz

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone. So my kitchen flooded, and I’m replacing the sink cabinet. The water mitigation company removed a piece from the drain pipe at the rear, but I have no idea what to put there. I don’t remember what was there originally. There are no pipes behind the drywall. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

3F2C6F8C-7637-4382-8775-CD1FFDC88EF5.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Is that wye a replacement or original? What is that yellow stuff. It cannot be CPVC cement. I see no primer used. If it is all original, it might have been for a roof vent connection but an AAV is used instead. Possible the guys removed a threaded cap, that is unusual.

Gatorbootz

Reaction score
Is that wye a replacement or original? What is that yellow stuff. It cannot be CPVC cement. I see no primer used. If it is all original, it might have been for a roof vent connection but an AAV is used instead. Possible the guys removed a threaded cap, that is unusual.
It’s all original. Idk whether to cap it or add an aav. I know it doesn’t vent to the roof. There are no pipes behind it. The setup has 2 pea traps, if that helps

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I rough mine in with a single santee at about 15 inches but Ive noticed the basic double kitchen sinks are plumbed differntly in differant areas seems to be regional preferances I use a waste kit similar to the jones stephen p39007 using the 90 that comes with disposal goes into the tee from the kit mentioned and p trap directly below. thats the common way here it also is a little lower rough in on the trap compared to other ways which can be a issue if its too high (trap)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks