Kitchen sink DW setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Pauljames

Reaction score
I set up my sink and disposal drain as shown in the photo *the sink is a 10 in deep cast iron unit.

I was looking for a way to minimize the pipe traffic in the space to free it up for storage of items.

The contraption is not like what I have seen before and now I am remodeling my kitchen at a different property and want to replicate it but before I do, I want to bounce this off the forum experts to see if it passes muster.

One photo is of the way I set it up and the other of my existing project.

In the existing project, the horizontal drain is 21 inches above the concrete slab and it slopes a little toward the inlet!

Also, I discovered the clean out port faces the outside stucco wall and is not accessible so I plan on re-doing the drain and now would be a good time to re-position it along with hot/cold water outlets and add an additional 1/4 turn valve for the dishwasher.

feel free to replicate the guide tube for the faucet weight bob, it works a treat and prevents tangles / snags(wonder if it is patentable)

1665029516097.jpg
resized.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks pretty sloppy You sure that house isn't in Southern California . Kinda irritates me someone roughed it in like that. Now is chance to clean it up probably need to re drill trap arm lower unless you can run it outside the drywall

Pauljames

Reaction score
looks pretty sloppy You sure that house isnt in Southern California . Kinda irritates me someone roughed it in like that . now is chance to clean it up prbebly need to re drill trap arm lower unless you can run it outside the drywall
house is tract house in Mesa Arizona built in 1990. Maybe they did not have inspectors then. The other side of the wall is the stucco exterior.

opinion on the drain makeup in the firs photo? good to go?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
just a bit under par not much pride.
the undersink hook up I didnt care for either they had to mickey mouse the p trap maybe your drain roughed too high?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks