Kinteico Model 60 "O" rings

Users who are viewing this thread

BNDAZ

Reaction score
Picked up a model 60 from a friend for free.
Its been in his home for about 6 years, is moving to a place with one already in it.

Anyway, when i took it apart there are a total of 12 "O" rings that i am going to replace. these are the ones on the pieces that hold the two tanks together and the brass fittings attaching the unit to the water supply.

What i notice is that they seem somewhat flattened almost like they aren't round.
Is this simply they way they have "set" can i just replace them with "standard" rings of the same diameter/circumference ?
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Probably just that they've taken a set to the opening available to them.

BNDAZ

Reaction score
thats what i thought, just wanted to make sure there was not some sort of "specialized" or proprietary O ring for kineticos

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Those are a standard round o ring. They get flat from sealing. You should be abvle to go to your local hardware store and find them. If not, look up a hydralic business in your area. The will sell all type of o rings.

BNDAZ

Reaction score
I ended up calling the local kinetico service center expecting to get a run around.
He told me up front that the O rings have an ID of 1 1/8 and an OD of 1 3/8.
Said if i couldn't find them to come on by he had them for .60 each to which i responded, "ill be right over".
When i got there, he was on the phone (trying to explain to someone how to turn their main water supply off), he saw i had the O ring in question in hand. He reached into a drawer and dropped 12 of the O rings on the counter along with a tube of grease, smiled , gave me the "go ahead, just take em" backhanded wave and mouthed " don't worry about it". I said thanks much ! And out the door i went.

BNDAZ

Reaction score
Have the unit set-up but i want to make sure i hookup the brine draw and drain line to the correct connection.
looking at the unit from the front( assume main feed is pointed away from you) the drain plug is on the left and the brine draw is somewhat on the front?

Fredherman

Reaction score
Picked up a model 60 from a friend for free.
Its been in his home for about 6 years, is moving to a place with one already in it.

Anyway, when i took it apart there are a total of 12 "O" rings that i am going to replace. these are the ones on the pieces that hold the two tanks together and the brass fittings attaching the unit to the water supply.

What i notice is that they seem somewhat flattened almost like they aren't round.
Is this simply they way they have "set" can i just replace them with "standard" rings of the same diameter/circumference ?
Thanks
I also have a kinetico that have a deverter valve. It has a piston that can divert water around water softener. It also has o rings on the plastic piston rod. Kinectico refuses to sell me the rings. They want me to purchase the plastic pies tonight for 60 dollars. Any idea what o rings are used? Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks