Kingston Brass Tub valve help

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
This is a Kingston brass valve model KB36330PX. Getting ready to solder but I don’t know if I need to take beige piece out, nor do I want to try as I’m afraid I’ll break it. Seems to be a hard plastic. Also, the piece right by my thumb is what turns the ball valve I don’t see a way to remove it. I did remove what appeared to be a set screw on the side, but that didn’t do much. It’s not threaded, ball keeps spinning but spins smooth, makes me think there’s an o ring or grease I should be concerned about. Not sure if that needs to be removed either. Instructions are no help at all. Any help appreciated. Thanks

32F915FA-AC07-4066-9AC1-DD7F875D98F3.jpeg
26C21058-D696-4B8B-BF10-E04E3E272761.jpeg

kingston-brass-kb36300-parts.jpg

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
So looks like I tug on 25 to get that out as only hold up is o-rings. And with 11 I’m not sure if 12 is an o-ring or not, if it is I definitely need it out. If not an o-ring I would still like it out since I know I’ll likely be slower than a pro and 11 might be plastic. So, grab hold with some needle nose and try to work it out?...

kbrp3631c.jpg

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
I think the diverter can be left in, maybe.
The cartridge I normally remove, then solder and reinstall. I'm more confident that I can remove and reinstall than I am that nothing will happen while soldering.

I got both pieces out by pulling. The plastic piece took a good amount of pull and twist force. When re-inserting these pieces that have o-rings on them is there a lubricant I should apply? I have something in my bag (see attached photo). if this isn’t what I need can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Attachments

• A02BE24A-08B7-4FFE-933C-FAAD298980AB.jpeg
    A02BE24A-08B7-4FFE-933C-FAAD298980AB.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 77
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks