Kinetico 2060S Settings for 305Mg/L Hardness Settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
I need to some help ensuring my Kinetico is set up properly.. I moved into a house with an existing Kinetico. Other than the effing proprietary BS you have to go through to get any real info or parts I actually like the unit.. I would have have paid that much but whatever.. I have it and its been kept inside so this 14 year old unit looks brand new.

I had my water tested and the Hardness is 305 Mg/l. I have a number 4 disc in the unit and my salt tank has the tabs cut to the J. Also the only info I have on the Float setting is that it needs to be at the line inscribed around the rod it slides on. I measured that at about 7 1/2"

I really do not understand at all how or what the those tabs do.. It sort of looks like brine flows over the top of the openings on either side.. There is some sort of little disk or flapper inside that black body with the tabs on it, Don't know what that does.. I can hear it when I shake it..

What happens if the Float Cup is set to high or too low.. What issues can that cause?

So do the current settings correspond to my number 4 gear and letter on the brine? are there better manuals out there?

Last edited:

DIYMissus

Reaction score
The only question I can answer is about the float . The float is an emergency shut off . If its too low then it will stop the influx of water into the tank before the Brine fill cycle is over . If its to high then in the case of the brine fill not shutting off, water will flow out the over flow and keep running .

GoWater

Reaction score
Your water is about 18 gpg hard, assuming there is no iron present in the water.

There is a difference between the 2060s and the 2060s OD, I am going to assume you have the 2060s.

With a #4disc, the unit is regenerating every 313 gallons. You could get by with a #3 and regenerate every 418 gallons - but I would stick with the #4, if for no other reason than the likelihood that you will install the disc incorrectly is greater than correctly if you have never done it before.

If you have a round 18x35 brine tank with a grid in the bottom, a brine valve assembly cut to the J level is a 4.4 salt dosing, meaning every time it regenerates it is using 4.4 lbs of salt, it is really rinsing the resin at that level. They could have set it for 2.7 lbs but there is no going back since it has been set to 4.4.

The top of the float cup should be 7-3/4" from thebottom of the assembly, which should be at the first marking.

As far as Kinetico being proprietary, you bet it is. Kinetico's are top of the line equipment and as such it is pateneted. Apple is proprietary as well.

Kevin Trinh

Reaction score
Your water is about 18 gpg hard, assuming there is no iron present in the water.

There is a difference between the 2060s and the 2060s OD, I am going to assume you have the 2060s.

With a #4disc, the unit is regenerating every 313 gallons. You could get by with a #3 and regenerate every 418 gallons - but I would stick with the #4, if for no other reason than the likelihood that you will install the disc incorrectly is greater than correctly if you have never done it before.

If you have a round 18x35 brine tank with a grid in the bottom, a brine valve assembly cut to the J level is a 4.4 salt dosing, meaning every time it regenerates it is using 4.4 lbs of salt, it is really rinsing the resin at that level. They could have set it for 2.7 lbs but there is no going back since it has been set to 4.4.

The top of the float cup should be 7-3/4" from thebottom of the assembly, which should be at the first marking.

As far as Kinetico being proprietary, you bet it is. Kinetico's are top of the line equipment and as such it is pateneted. Apple is proprietary as well.
Do you have chart on how much salt for each letter? i.e. J=4.4lb and 2.7lbs is what letter?
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks