Katalox + Clack + Ozone = success!

Users who are viewing this thread

Skyjumper

Reaction score
I have FINALLY found a winning combination for my Fe filter. 3 months ago I finally broke down and put a Clack Ozone valve on my KL tank and haven't had a trace of Iron (or H2S) coming out the filter since. I've been drinking the water straight out of the filter, before the softener, and it is delicious. frankly I probably don't need the softener anymore.

This filter started out as a Fleck 5000 AIO with catalytic carbon. That combination never worked and turned into a huge mess. a little over a year ago I put katalox in the tank and it worked for about 5 days. I had been cleaning the KL every 6 weeks with bleach, iron out, and rescare with mediocre results at best (0.8ppm leakage).

in a move of desperation I dropped $400 on the Clack Ozone valve from a local dealer, and it has been the best 400 bucks I have ever spent... so far. Zero, zilch, absolutely no iron at all coming out the filter on a 2 day backwash cycle. Still the same KL that was in it before, but now it actually works.

iron filter nirvana it is. now I just need to learn how to maintain the corona discharge unit.

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
I have FINALLY found a winning combination for my Fe filter. 3 months ago I finally broke down and put a Clack Ozone valve on my KL tank and haven't had a trace of Iron (or H2S) coming out the filter since. I've been drinking the water straight out of the filter, before the softener, and it is delicious. frankly I probably don't need the softener anymore.

This filter started out as a Fleck 5000 AIO with catalytic carbon. That combination never worked and turned into a huge mess. a little over a year ago I put katalox in the tank and it worked for about 5 days. I had been cleaning the KL every 6 weeks with bleach, iron out, and rescare with mediocre results at best (0.8ppm leakage).

in a move of desperation I dropped $400 on the Clack Ozone valve from a local dealer, and it has been the best 400 bucks I have ever spent... so far. Zero, zilch, absolutely no iron at all coming out the filter on a 2 day backwash cycle. Still the same KL that was in it before, but now it actually works.

iron filter nirvana it is. now I just need to learn how to maintain the corona discharge unit.
I cant believe this thread died here.. I really want to change my Katalox AIO to Ozone.. I am only treating H2S and no Iron. ITs does OK as long as Its followed with my Catalytic carbon tank to scrub the remaining smell. However I do have to periodically do a chlorine backwash as I can still smell H2S from the test port immediately after the Katalox.
I am reluctant to change to the Clack head since I have to change all the plumbing behind it cause it wont match up to the existing 2510 AIO.

I wish I could just add the Ozone to the existing valve.

Relevante

Reaction score
I cant believe this thread died here.. I really want to change my Katalox AIO to Ozone.. I am only treating H2S and no Iron. ITs does OK as long as Its followed with my Catalytic carbon tank to scrub the remaining smell. However I do have to periodically do a chlorine backwash as I can still smell H2S from the test port immediately after the Katalox.
I am reluctant to change to the Clack head since I have to change all the plumbing behind it cause it wont match up to the existing 2510 AIO.

I wish I could just add the Ozone to the existing valve.
Agreed. Wondering exactly what valve and generator OP used?

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score

I have H2S issue and my Katalox AIO gets chlorine periodically as well. I want to do the Ozone but was a bit lazy since I have Fleck Valves on my tanks.. I wanted plug and play swap. If I install the Clack I need to re-plumb the lines.. I know.. Lazy..

How is this setup holding up? I may just cave and do the Clack if Fleck still has not caught up with the times yet..

Crunchtime2k

Reaction score

Crunchtime2k

Reaction score
Where did you get this valve for $400? Im getting prices for nearly double. Did you get a complete aio ozone valve or just the ozone add on for the clack?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks