Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It takes 300 barrels of water to produce one barrel of beer

With future water shortages in areas where barely is grown, that could mean seriouse problems for those that partake.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/mi...-b99221942z1-250498381.html?r=7111F6593790E3R

Today, MillerCoors, along with others in the water-intensive brewing industry, is confirming what scientists and environmentalists already figured out: The golden age of cheap, seemingly limitless supplies of fresh water is at an end, even in the world's most developed nations.
"No water, no beer," says Kim Marotta, who oversees water policies at MillerCoors.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/business/mi...tion-b99221942z1-250498381.html#ixzz2wQhZozB9
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
That is pretty true. Being a home brewer myself, it takes a lot of water to clean, brew, sanitize, and mash out the grains. Of course, if there is less beer to drink, then there should be less water used in the bathroom. ;-) We have a brewery that offered to drill another well(s) to help the city out since the brewery uses so much water and wanted to expand. Vicious circle....
Jobs for the well and the brewery, but shortages of water. I personally use RO water to brew with so that uses even more water.
what would the Germans do?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks