Is this DWV plumbing diagram routed and vented correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bena2048

Reaction score
Hello, I've been working towards trying find the best way to route and vent this bathroom layout. I've been reading the code and checking examples and think I found a good way but I'm a novice and would like a sanity check before I start so that it passes inspection. My main concern is if I vented everything correctly. I'm also concerned that the changes of direction for the tub drain are excessive, I had to start it in the wrong direction in order to catch a wall for venting.

My questions are:
1. Are there too many turns?
2. Is it ok that I'm running the drain so close to the ejector basin?
3. For the vent near the ejector pump can I use 1 1/2" all the way down or does the size need to be increased to 2" below the concrete? I've read that everything underground needs to be 2" but cant find that in the code.
4. Am I overlooking a better way to do this?

This will be in a basement on a slab located in SE Michigan.

I appreciate your help. This community has always been very helpful and I appreciate all that you guys do!

Attachments

• Plumbing layout.jpg
    Plumbing layout.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 285

Reach4

Reaction score
You need a 2 inch vent for the ejector pit.

Bena2048

Reaction score
You need a 2 inch vent for the ejector pit.
Thank you for that reminder. I do plan on using a 2" vent for the pit. It isn't shown on the drawing because that won't be below ground so I can worry about that after I frame everything.

Bena2048

Reaction score
I would have a 2" vent on the lav, the 1.5" for the shower and tub are fine.
The ejector gets a 2" vent.
Thank you for the suggestion. What's the reason for using a 2" for the lav? It will serve as the wet vent for the toilet, my thought was to use 2" on the wet portion (below trap arm) and 1.5" for the dry portion ( above trap arm). My reason for the 1.5" is for smaller holes in the studs when connecting it but I can certainly use 2" if there is a benefit.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. What's the reason for using a 2" for the lav? It will serve as the wet vent for the toilet, my thought was to use 2" on the wet portion (below trap arm) and 1.5" for the dry portion ( above trap arm). My reason for the 1.5" is for smaller holes in the studs when connecting it but I can certainly use 2" if there is a benefit.
Just do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks