Is this a correct wet vent Bathroom group (IPC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Omolo

Reaction score
If I turn the Wye up like this on the WC is it still a properly vented bathroom group if my vent is off of the lav?

Omolo

Reaction score
If I turn the Wye up like this on the WC is it still a properly vented bathroom group if my vent is off of the lav?

567CFB0A-B9C4-4774-9EA7-9190185F55AE.png

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, for the IPC, no for the IRC.

Ohio appears not to have adopted the plumbing sections of the IRC that would prohibit that arrangement, and have amended the IPC to apply to dwellings subject to the IRC. So if this is in Ohio, it's OK.

However, I believe some on this forum have argued that it's suboptimal, and you'd be better off moving the drain line out from under the closet flange, and then using a closet bend into a horizontal wye. Which is what the IRC would require.

Cheers, Waye

Omolo

Reaction score
Yes, for the IPC, no for the IRC.

Ohio appears not to have adopted the plumbing sections of the IRC that would prohibit that arrangement, and have amended the IPC to apply to dwellings subject to the IRC. So if this is in Ohio, it's OK.

However, I believe some on this forum have argued that it's suboptimal, and you'd be better off moving the drain line out from under the closet flange, and then using a closet bend into a horizontal wye. Which is what the IRC would require.

Cheers, Waye
Thanks really appreciate your infinite knowledge

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks