Is there a Moentrol push/pull handle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jamie Diliberto

Reaction score
Hello -- Very new to the world of plumbing and pretty much exhausted from Internet searching. Hoping someone here might be able to help or direct me to where I can find some info. Problem: plumber removed the old Moen valve when asked to just replace the faucet handle. Appears valve was still functional, just a small leak behind the wall from the faucet handle, from what he told me. He couldn't find a handle off-the-shelf and decided to take this rather bold step ... mind-boggling, but there it is. Claims the old valve has been thrown away, nothing to be done but keep going. I'm looking for whatever might be closest to what I had, while being code-safe -- so, decent volume output with ability to just pull out and turn the handle 90 degrees in either direction for temperature. That solution looks to be a Moentrol valve with trim (in my case, I've been advised by Moen that it would be a 3520). Problem being that I can't seem to find an old-school push-pull or even knob-style handle to complement. Any suggestions for getting something that isn't an outsized lever handle? Bathroom is postage stamp-sized and they look ridiculous. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any hardware store will carry the Moen handle for those.

Here is the list of Moen valve types most commonly seen.

moen-valve-types-terrylove-01.jpg

chateau-handle-terrylove-01.jpg

Fits Moentrol and Chateau

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks