Insinkerator 333

Users who are viewing this thread

mikeinsf

Reaction score
I have an insinkerator 333 that was plugged up with fiber from an artichoke. I have been able to remove the blockage but now when I plug the unit back in it runs constantly. Doesn't matter if the off/on switch is off or on. The only way to stop the unit is to unplug it. I have pushed the reset button a number of times to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Mike

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For non-batch feed disposers:
Disposer With Cord Will Not Shut Off:
If your disposer is plugged into a standard wall outlet and the disposer does not turn off, check that the disposer is plugged into the proper outlet. Some electrical outlets have one plug controlled by the switch, and the other plug stays on continuously. Move the disposer's plug to the other outlet(s) and try the switch again.

If the disposer still continues to run, you have a problem in your electrical system. Contact an electrician to test and repair your electrical system.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
disposer

You probably plugged it into the side of the outlet that was intended for a dishwasher and the switch does not control that outlet. Plug it into the other opening on the receptacle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks