In serious need of help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

DerekG73

Reaction score
Hi all - new to the forum but see lots of useful information here. Was wondering if I could get some advice/counsel. I've been thinking about putting up a cold storage pole barn on a concrete slab but would like to have an insulated bathroom (with shower, sink, stool), mudroom (with sink) and wash bay with floor drain. I've created a rough layout of this but am looking for technical detail that would help me submit for a building application. I've tried calling multiple plumbers and understandably, everyone is more than busy and no one is interested in 'talking' about a plumbing rough-in without some guarantee of a job :( Attached is the layout...any professional guidance is appreciated!

1658670974666.png

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That should be plenty to get you a permit. You'll need the water heater to be in a conditioned space unless you're in a zone that doesn't require it.

SheilaF

Reaction score
To add a heated bathroom in the pole barn will require a lot of work. It will be quite a bit of plumbing work. A heated pole barn bathroom must be plumbed exactly like a house. In the pole barn you will have to run a venting stack to the outside, and a condensate drain to the outside. You will also need a drain to capture the shower water and a holding tank in the pole barn. How will you get the hot water to the pole barn – you have to run hot and cold water to the pole barn. That could be expensive. You will have to run a gas line to the pole barn to heat the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks